Developing strong faith in God can mean really believing and trusting God for the impossible. Confidence in God and being sure of what you hope for. You release faith by speaking God’s word to rule over situations and win all the way.
Faith! In this amazing article we will be looking at a broader perspectives of developing strong faith in God. You will be well equipped with the secret spiritual weapon in your arsenal against doubts and unbelief as a child of God follows:
- The Meaning of Strong Faith in God
- What Does it mean to Develop Strong Faith in God
- Developing Strong Faith: Christian Perspective
- What Faith is Not
- What the Bible says about Developing Strong Faith
- The Key Attributes of A Strong Faith in God
- The Purpose of faith
- 5 Powerful Ingredients of an Strong Faith
- 3 Components of Developing Strong faith in God
- Difference between Faith and Hope
- Seeing The Unseen by Faith
- How to Get Develop Strong Faith in God
- How to Keep Your Faith Strong in God
Developing Strong Faith in God
Simply, a strong faith is laying hold on the unrealities of hope and bringing them into the realm of reality. It is believing what you have not yet received, believing and acting in confidence that you already have it. That’s exactly what faith is. Strong faith works by acting on the word of God. Weak faith does not
Faith can be deeply defined through the lines of Hebrews 11, ‘where it says ‘Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen’. You will notice two important phrases here:
- ‘Substance of things’: a way to show that you have that thing
- ‘Evidence of things’: proof that you have that thing
Faith is about things. What are you believing for? Developing strong faith in God can help you get it delivered to your hands in good time
What is Strong Faith in God?
Faith is the parent force of everything that can be seen on this planet with the physical eyes. It is the substance or the evidence or proof of things not yet seen with the natural eye, something not yet revealed in the physical realm. The thing is already there but you have not seen it yet. Trust and strong faith in God makes the unseen things real!
God is the almighty being. The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. Gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak – Isaiah 40.28. He also have the following credentials:
- Totally dependable
- Absolutely reliable – Psalm 46.1
- Faithful and trust worthy
- He is the ultimate creator. He made everything. In whom we live and move and have our being – Acts 17:28
Faith is Not…
There are many things we think we know about faith which we are not really knowledgeable. In order for us to go from faith to faith we must know that:
- Faith is not works
- It is not hope
- Again, faith is not waiting on God to do everything and you fold your hands, that is weak and not a strong faith in God.
Developing Strong Faith As A Christian
Strong faith is trusting God with the details of your life even when we are not sure of how things will turn out. It is believing and trusting God despite contrary evidences. Look at the example of Abraham in Romans 4:18-22 to illustrate a case study of developing strong faith in God.
Against All Hope
Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be. Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead
Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. This is why “it was credited to him as righteousness.”
Abraham trained himself to develop strong faith in God because his situation can obviously be determined by such.
What Does Bible Say About Strong Faith In God?
The bible has a lot to say about faith and how we can develop strong faith in our strong God. Trusting God for provisions, healing, deliverance, victory, favor, restoration, salvation and much more are stories of strong faith as practically displayed
Careful analysis of Hebrews 11:1 shows us that Faith is the confirmation, the title deed of the things we hope for being the proof of things we do not see and the conviction in our heart of the reality of those things in our lives. Faith perceives as real fact what is not revealed to the 5 sense of sight, taste, vision, hearing and touch.
A good bible verse for healing like Isaiah 53:5 is a way to declare scriptures daily over that health situation and command healing of a loved one or for yourself. The same is true for finance, legal battles and so on.
Types of Faith
- Little faith
- Big faith
6 Attributes of Strong Faith
- Faith works by love
- It is the currency of heaven
- Prevails over fear, doubt and unbelief
- Faith opens the door for God to intervene in human affairs
- Faith is a spiritual force
Why You Need Strong Faith
- To obtain a good report – Hebrews 11:2
- Please God – Hebrews 11:5-6
- To receive strength to conceive the promises of God – Hebrews 11.11
3 Components of Strong Faith
- Hope: Hope is the blueprint of faith, it is not wishing;
- Love: Galatians 5.6. Remember, faith without works is dead. Show your works of love by walking love. Faith will not work in an unforgiving heart!
- Word: Words are the containers to release faith. God’s word spoken in faith from the mouth of a believer releases spiritual power that dominates the laws of sin and death and produces the substance of faith that can now be seen and touched
How To Keep Your Faith Strong Without Wavering
A weak faith will be exploited and overpowered by the devil. God is not the one who will help you to keep you faith strong, it is your own responsibility to keep your faith strong.
- Don’t look at Natural Circumstances, you have strong faith to Overcome! – 2 Corinthians 4:18
- Be Loaded and reloaded in the Word – Colossians 3:16
- Be Fully Committed and Persuaded that the Word is true – Romans 4:21
- Meditate on the Word – Joshua 1:8
- Work out your faith – Phillipians 2:12
When you wake up each morning, you can get a bible verse of the day and other powerful resources to develop a strong faith in God. You
The Difference Between Faith and Hope
Hope is the earnest expectation and waiting on something that will happen in the future. Don’t ever stop hoping! You see, people who quit hoping have a miserable life – Romans 5:5
Remember what David said in his own time of discouragement: ‘why hath thou cast down oh my soul? Why hath thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance’ – Psalm 42:5
God Is A God Of Good Things
God is a God of good things and miracles and He can do anything if you only hope in Him. Stir up your hope and expect good things in your life beginning from today!
Faith on the other side is the substance of that thing that you are waiting for in the future.
‘Now, faith is…..
Seeing The Unseen By Faith
I know this may sound weird to see the unseen. You can see the unseen only with your eyes of faith. A strong faith is a linking force that translates the unseen into the seen. Awesome, isn’t that? Faith transmits things from the unseen realm to our hands in the seen realm.
How To Get Strong Faith
Through the entrance of God’s word you can strengthen your faith.
It is what you do with your faith that you already have that will determine if it will grow or not. This is what now brings us to the answer of ‘how to get faith’.
God upholds all things by the WORD of His power? It’s faith power. Faith is the name of the creative spiritual force of God and it is produced in the born-again human heart by hearing the WORD of God. The singular way to get or grow in your faith is by continually hearing the word of God and without ceasing.
10 Ways To Keep Your Faith Strong – Ephesians 6:10-18
- Make sure you take up the whole amour of God
- Stand your ground and be firm against the lies of the enemy
- Determine to be truthful to yourself and others at all times by the help of the holy spirit
- Have on your breastplate of righteousness always
- Share the gospel of peace, be a living witness to the power of God in any way you can
- Hold on your shield of faith, keep on believing, feed your faith and starve your fear
- Take the helmet of salvation with you everywhere you go, be a good example of Christ
- Use your sword of the spirit daily, this is the word of God in your eyes and in your mouth
- Pray always in the spirit, take time in the day to pray in the Holy Spirit build up yourself
- Be your brother’s keeper, intercede for those whom the Holy Spirit may lay on your heart
My Final Words on Faith
I will say Hebrews 11.1 is a chapter you may want to really read through. It is all about the people of God who dared to believe His promises. The sixth verse says ‘ without faith it is impossible to walk with God and to please Him, for whoever comes to God must necessarily believe that God exists and that He rewards those who earnestly and diligently seek Him’.
We know the devil tries to convince us that the heroes of faith we read about were special people and that we don’t have the kind of faith they did. If we renew our minds with God’s word we can be as strong as they are. We all have been given a degree or measure of faith to do anything God calls us to do.
You are special to God, I am special to God, we are all special to God. It is not in His nature to show partiality, giving faith to some and not to others but it depends on our response to His love.
Each and everyone of us have been equipped to do what we need to do in this life. Abraham did believe and it was counted unto righteousness unto him, we too can.
Never give up! Your breakthrough is on its way, can’t you see it with your eyes of faith? Keep believing, keep the faith!
Jesus Christ is the author and the finisher of our faith – Hebrews 12:2 A life in Him is the guarantee for a strong faith. You can give your heart to God today and rededicate your life by this short prayer:
Lord Jesus, I come to you just as I am. I confess that I am sinner and ask for your forgiveness today. Please save my soul and write my name in the book of life.
Thank you Lord!
Olajide Theophilus is the founder of Faith Life Worth Living where he publishes in-depth and highly inspirational resources on Faith, Hope and Love. To stay connected please sign up for FREE bi-weekly FAITH BOOSTERS HERE. Or Follow on Twitter HERE