Speaking in tongues is one of the spiritual weapon available to every believer. It is a blessing from God to everyone that has received Him as LORD and savior. And if you want to receive a miracle from God quickly you must be able to pray in the spirit by speaking in tongues.
You’re developing strong faith in God, which help you to see more of the unseen. This is what you’re doing speaking in tongues; building up yourself on your most holy faith.
What Is Speaking In Tongues?
Acts 2:3 “And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire and it sat upon each of them, and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
What does ” As the Spirit gave them utterance means” it means where he lives in the innermost part of your being- in your spirit- from there rivers of living waters will flow.
Why You Should Speak In Tongue?
The full baptism of the Holy Spirit is always evidenced by speaking in tongues. You speak in tongues to build up your most Holy Faith. If you think you have been disappointed in life or God has not answered your prayers then speaking in tongues will lift your faith in God.
 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,  Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life”.
In Hebrews 11:1, “faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen”
Speaking In Tongue Vs Building Up Your Faith
Speaking in tongues leads to building up your faith. It helps to train your mind, conscience and spirit. Your spiritual life controls every other things, it is like the power house of every other things in your life and this is why you should pay cogent attention on it by charging it spiritually.
Praying in the spirit helps you with:
1. To train your mind through reading the Word: [1 Timothy 4:7 KJV] “But refuse profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness”.
2. To train your conscience through integrity, truth, selflessness, and Empathy: [Acts 24:16 KJV] “And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men”.
3. To train your spirit: [1 Corinthians 14:1-4 KJV] “Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts , but rather that ye may prophesy.  For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him ; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
Scripture For Speaking In Tongue
Read Jude 1:20
As you speak or pray in tongues, out of your spirit you’ll begin to hear the voice of the Spirit giving you utterances. You’ll hear it on the inside. Your faith will get strong. You have to open your mouth and speak it out; you build your faith because faith is voice activated.
Speaking in Tongues In The Bible
When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them”. – Acts 2:1-3
The constant infilling of the Spirit keeps you full of the mighty power of the Holy Spirit. Its a continual experience.
How To Speak In Tongues
There is no exact way to speak in tongue. By speaking In tongues regularly, you fine – tune your spirit’s awareness of the Holy Spirits indwelling presence.
The singular way to speak in tongue is to yield your self to the power of the holy spirit. Be in the spirit and you will be endued with power from above, with speaking in tongue as an evidence.
7 Benefits Of Speaking In Tongues
1. It edifies you, builds and grows you up spiritually. Look at what Paul wrote to the Corinthians. (1 Corinthians 14:4) 2. Speaking in Tongues reminds us of the Holy Spirits residence correctly ( John 14:16-17)
3. Praying in tongues helps us to pray correctly (Rom.8:26-27)
4. It stimulates our faith. (Jude 20)
5. Helps to keep us from foul talk.
6. Bring spiritual refreshing.(John 7:38-39)
7. Sensitivity to the Holy Spirit is an added advantage.(Rom. 8:14-16)
8. Gives us power to be witnesses. (Acts 1: 8)
The Interpretation Of Tongues
This is a higher level of speaking in tongues. Sometimes, you are able to make quality decisions through that interpretation of tongues. To maximize speaking in tongues, you have to be able to interpret. Interpretation of tongues means receiving clarity on your utterance as is been spoken out of your spirit man.
8 Answer To FAQs on Speaking In Tongues
Again, please read Jude 20.
- What great benefit is received by praying in the Holy Ghost? – I build myself up.
- Acts 2:4. How many people were filled with the Holy Spirit at the upper room? All of them.
- Read Acts 2:4. What did they do after being filled? They spoke in tongues.
- Read 1 Corinthians 14:14. What part of you is doing the prayer?
tongue? My spirit is praying.
- Read 1 Corinthians 14:2. Who are you speaking to? GOD.
- Read 1 Corinthians 14:2. Does anyone understand what is being said? No.
- Read 1 Corinthians 14:2. What is your spirit speaking?
Mysteries, secret things (New Century Version), intimacies just between me and God (The Message).
- Read 1 Corinthians 14:4. What are you doing? Edifying myself
(build myself up).
Speaking in Tongues Is Important
Speaking in tongues should be a part of your everyday life. It is a way to communicate directly from your heart to the Father, by-passing your brain with its doubts and fears. It builds you up in your most holy faith and releases the hidden wisdom of God.
I just pray that all of you will be able to flow in this, release your faith, and receive the full benefit of speaking in tongues.
In this world, you must be a powerful Christian! Through the help of the Holy Spirit you can overcome all the fiery darts of the enemy against you. Why not aspire to develop speaking in tongues today. Praying in the spirit wraps you in the whole armor of God – Ephesians 6:12-13.
Just do it now,…take some time to develop your faith, praying in the spirit is the way up in the realm of the spirit.
Keep living in the atmosphere of faith!
Olajide Theophilus is the founder of Faith Life Worth Living where he publishes in-depth and highly inspirational resources on Faith, Hope and Trust. To stay connected please sign up for FREE bi-weekly FAITH BOOSTERS HERE Or Follow on Twitter HERE