In the New Testament, Jesus said: “I tell you, if anyone believes in Me, he will do the [kind of] things that I do; and greater things he will do, because I go to the Father.”(John 14:12)
How do you grow faith and develop a strong and increasing faith in the guidance of the Spirit of Christ. In this in-depth article I will be walking you through the foundation steps to grow your faith. At the end of the reading, you would have developed the following sequential faith skills:
STEP BY STEP:
- Feed Your Faith
- Check The Bible: Jesus Taught Steps To Grow Your Faith
- Salvation: A Major Step To Grown Your Faith
- Show Some Love As A Sign Of Your Faith
- Trust God To Fulfill His Promises
- Develop A Day By Day Schedule With God
- Act On Your Faith
- Think About The Word Of God Consistently
- Refuse To Accept Doubts In Your Heart
- Determine To Follow Jesus Till The End
1. First Step To Grow Your Faith Is To Feed Your Faith
To grow your faith, you must first acknowledge the measure of faith you already have from God through receiving the Word — by studying the Bible. According to Romans 10:17, “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.”
- Faith does not come mainly by praying, begging or fasting or Daniel and Romans 10:17 would only be a suggestion.
- The Bible does say “pray always”; so, an attitude of prayer is essential, but faith comes by hearing and then applying the Word of God.
- You must continue to read and study the Word of God (The Bible) so that your faith will grow. II Thessalonians 1:3, “your faith grows exceedingly.” by living in God’s promises in the Bible.
2. Check The Bible: Jesus Taught The Steps To Grow Your Faith
He is the living word of God. Faith is called a “fruit of the Holy Spirit” that Jesus promised to send after he went to the Father. This may be noticed in the reborn person’s spirit even at difficult times; not just on your best days: Check the many parables taught in the bible. It will encourage your faith a lot.
3. Salvation: Foundation Step To Grow Your Faith
If you are not born again, you are missing a key step to grow your faith. But if you have been born again, then you will have some portion of the nature of God as the Word says. So no one has an excuse: Do not think of yourself more highly than you should, but rather think of yourself soberly, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given to [you] each person. (Romans 12:3)
After you give your life to Jesus you are setting up your faith on a good mode.
- Let faith arise in you, and it can in the area of unseen things that you believe — within God’s will, so then it can be applied to you and actualized by you. You will see results by faith. This is not just a hope; it is the way of God for access to the things of God.
4. Show Some Love As A Sign of Your Faith
How can you love God whom you have not seen — if you cannot love your brother whom you have seen. God will reveal Himself to you through His people, His love, through His son, His Word, and by the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ.
- Galatians 5:6 says that faith works by love
Perfect love casts our fear. Fear is destructive but as you show love you overcome the enemy.
5. Trust God To Fulfill His Promises
Believe that God cannot lie. You cannot trust God without knowing Him through fellowship of God’s presence. This fellowship is quality time spent alone in study, praise and prayer with God, getting to know Him and His life, way and truth (presented in The Bible).
Abraham in Romans 4:19-21 had extremely strong faith by
1) Not concentrating on his circumstances,
2) trusting that God could do what God promised and
3) by Praising God.
6. Develop A Day By Day Schedule With God
Have some faith decrees you make every day when you fellowship with God as this develops you will come to agree with those who trust God.
~ “Where two or three agree together in my name as touching any thing [in God’s will] that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”(Matthew 18:20)
8. Act On Your Faith
Next step – Act on your faith, not just thoughts and words, as you believe then you can receive through that, and then you will seek results like you expect real outcomes as you have expectations of favor with God. God told Joshua that we must be faithful to the scriptures:
“Never stop meditating on these teachings. You must think about them night and day so that you will faithfully do what is in them.
Only then will you prosper and succeed.” (Joshua 1:8)
Notice in Mark 9:23 that Jesus said that all things are possible to him that believes. “To believe” is a verb and requires action. If no action were necessary, Jesus would have said, “All things are possible to him that has faith.” Faith is a noun. Faith is a gift to us from God.
9. Think About The Word Of God Regularly
Another step to grow your faith is regular meditation on the Word. This brings great success. Your confessing, testifying of the Word and things of God is part of that prayer and meditation. When you read, digest and speak the Word to yourself, you are on the Word.
Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful – Joshua 1:8
9. Refuse To Doubt
Refusing to doubt is a great step to grow your faith. When negative thoughts comes to your mind then replace that with praising God. Refuse to doubt. If you do believe Him, then you will have plenty of praise for Him. He lives in and through His people who believe Him:
~ “God inhabits the praises of Israel [his people, the believers who do His will] -Psalm 22:3
10. Determine To Follow Jesus Christ To The End
It is awesome to follow steps to grow your faith and be changed into the active nature of Christ in the chosen and anointed life, way and the truth: so the redeemed, contrite, faithful human spirit may represent his favored temple that He wants to inhabit. That is talking about you!
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. If you are yet to surrender your heart to Jesus, this is a great opportunity to do so. You can please pray this short words:
Lord Jesus, I come to you just as I am. I confess my sins, please forgive me and write my name in the book of life. I receive you as my Lord and personal savior from today. Thank you father for saving my soul.
Olajide Theophilus is the founder of Faith Life Worth Living where he publishes in-depth and highly inspirational resources on Faith, Hope and Love. To stay connected please sign up for FREE weekly tips on Living by Faith HERE. Or Follow on Twitter HERE